Michael J. Cremonese
Phone: (412) 904-3360
Mr. Cremonese focuses his practices on construction law, professional liability and business law. His clients include architects, engineers and design-builders throughout all phases of the design and building, as well as real estate owners and developers and those in the energy and logistics industries.
His experience includes mediation, arbitration and litigation at both the trial and appellate levels, as well as advising and representing his clients in contract negotiations, risk management strategies, and business matters.
Mr. Cremonese presents extensively to architect and engineer groups on a variety of topics, including drafting and negotiating contracts, legal risks and risk management, integrated project delivery, designer-led design-build, ethics, and ownership transitions.
He is an ex-officio member of AIA Pittsburgh's Board of Directors.
Outside of practicing law, Mr. Cremonese enjoys golfing, swimming, baseball and the culinary arts.
- "Professional Negligence vs. Negligent Misrepresentation," co-author, The Legal Intelligencer, August 7, 2012
- “Identify and Manage Risks Arising From the Use of BIM,” co-author, The Legal Intelligencer, August 3, 2010
- “Building New Stadiums With Your Money Whether You Like It Or Not: The Pennsylvania Constitution Does Not Prohibit The Use Of Public Funds To Construct New Stadiums,” Duquesne University Law Review, Spring 1999
- "Protect and Defend Your Services, Documents, and Other Legal Rights," Build Pittsburgh, American Institute of Architects, Pittsburgh Chapter, 2019 AIA
- "Managing for Success: Finance, Cash Flow, & Collection Tools," Build Pittsbugh, American Institute of Architects, Pittsburgh Chapter, 2019 AIA
- "Equity and Ethics in Practice," (Moderator) - Build Pittsburgh, American Institute of Architects, Pittsburgh Chapter, 2018 AIA
- "Architect-Led Integrated Project Delivery: An Opportunity for More Collaboration," Build Pittsburgh, American Institute of Architects, Pittsburgh Chapter, 2018 AIA
- "Owner-Architect Agreements and Sustainable Design and Construction," Build Pittsburgh, American Institute of Architects, Pittsburgh Chapter, 2017 AIA
- "Resilient Design - Considerations of Standard of Care, Contract Compliance, & Sustainable Initiatives," Build Pittsburgh, American Institute of Architects, Pittsburgh Chapter, 2016 AIA
- "Stamping and Sealing: Satisfying Statutes & Standard of Care," A/E 2015
- "Managing Design & Contract Administration Services: Proactive Steps to Resolve Project Issues & Manage Claims," Build Pittsburgh, American Institute of Architects, Pittsburgh Chapter, 2014 AIA
- “Regaining the Master-Builder Role in the Modern Collaborative Construction Environment,” AIA 2013 National Convention, Denver, CO, 2013
- "Engineering Ethics: The Foundation for Long-Term Success," Engineers' Society of Western Pennsylvania International Bridge Conference, 2013
- “Construction Contracting: Traditional and Alternative Delivery Systems,” HMS Continuing Education Seminar, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013